Facebook events are a great resource that Realtors can use for posting open houses. A Facebook event page not only allows Realtors to add important information and photos about the home, but Realtors also have the ability to communicate with all RSVP’d guests. Follow these steps to make the creation of your Facebook event a breeze!
- From your Facebook business page, begin by clicking events on the left side of the screen. From there, click “Create Event” and fill in the information.
- Be sure to choose an exciting title and add some great photos of the home. Also add the location, date and time.
- Under the “Details” section, click “Select Category,” then choose “Home and Garden” from the dropdown menu provided. Under “Description,” you can type details about the home. You may also choose to add “Keywords” for your event. Words specific to your region, such as “Texas Homes” and “Texas Real Estate,” are great keywords to use.
- Disregard the “Tickets” section. You likely will not have tickets for your open house. If you do require tickets, you can put the purchase link here.
- Under the “Options” section, you can add co-hosts and edit posting and viewing preferences. If you are co-hosting this open house with other members of your real estate group, a mortgage planner or other business partners, you can add them to the “Co-hosts” section so that they will be able to invite guests. Under the “Posting” section, choose how you would like guests to be able to post on your event. You can also decide whether you would like the guest list to be displayed, by checking or unchecking this box.
- When you have finished filling in all the details about your event, click “Publish.”
- Once the event has been created, click the “Share” button, then click the “Invite Friends” option on the dropdown menu that appears. From there, you can select friends to invite to your open house. Once you have selected the friends you would like to invite, click “Send Invites.”
- It is a great idea to have your sellers as well as their neighbors share and RSVP to the event, to create some buzz.
- If at any point leading up to the event there are changes to the date or time, or there is anything you would like to tell RSVP’d guests, post it in the “Write Something” box on the event page.
- Consider this event page to be a terrific way to engage the neighbors and give information about the listing, such as points of interest in the area. Posting those on the page will give invited folks a chance to learn more!
Tags: Realtor Marketing